State Crime Journal
State Crime Journal is a biannual peer reviewed journal published by Pluto Journals in partnership with the State Crime Initiative.
Print ISSN: 2046-6056 / e-ISSN: 2046-6064
About the Journal
State Crime Journal is administered by the International State Crime Initiative (ISCI). ISCI is a cross-discliplinary research centre working to further our understanding of state crime, that is organisational deviance violating human rights. State Crime Journal is the first peer-reviewed, international journal that seeks to disseminate leading research on the illicit practices of states.
Aims & Scope
The concept of state crime is not confined to legally recognised states but can include any authority that exerts political and military control over a substantial territory (e.g. the FARC).
The Journal’s focus is a reflection of the growing awareness within criminology that state criminality is endemic and acts as a significant barrier to security and development. Contributions from a variety of disciplinary and theoretical perspectives are welcomed. Topics covered by the journal include: torture; genocide and other forms of government and politically organised mass killing; war crimes; state-corporate crime; state-organised crime; natural disasters exacerbated by government (in)action; asylum and refugee policy and practice; state terror; political and economic corruption; and resistance to state violence and corruption.
The Journal is biannual, publishing online and in print in July and October. The Journal has its own website which can be found here. The electronic journal is archived in Portico. The journal is indexed by Scopus, and the Emerging Sources Citation Index.
Prof Penny Green (Queen Mary University of London)
Prof Tony Ward (University of Northumbria)
Prof Kristian Lasslett (University of Ulster)
Dr Thomas MacManus (Queen Mary University of London)
- Dr Vincenzo Bollettino (Harvard University)
- Prof Scott Poynting (Manchester Metropolitan University)
- Prof Jude McCulloch (Monash University)
- Prof Sharon Pickering (Monash University)
- Dr Elizabeth Stanley (Victoria University)
- Prof Bill Rolston (University of Ulster)
- Prof Frank Pearce (Queen’s University)
- Prof Ron Kramer (Western Michigan University)
- Prof Ray Michalowski (Northern Arizona University)
- Prof Martha Huggins (Tulane University)
- Dr Hazel Cameron (International Association of Genocide Scholars)
- Prof Jennifer Leaning (Harvard University)
- Prof Jennifer Schirmer (Harvard University/London School of Economics)
- Prof David Kauzlarich (University of North Carolina Greensboro)
- Dr Cathy Gormley Heenan (University of Ulster)
- Dr Michael Grewcock (University New South Wales)
- Dr David Whyte (University of Liverpool)
- Prof Steve Tombs (Liverpool John Moores University)
- Prof Hilal Elver (University of California, Santa Barbara
- Prof Jeremy Keenan (SOAS, University of London)
- Prof Elisabeth Weber (University of California, Santa Barbara)
- Shaazka Beyerle (International Center on Nonviolent Conflict)
- Dr Sam Raphael (Kingston University London)
- Dr Victoria Mason (Australian National University)
Read the Journal Online
Table of Contents available on JSTOR.
Recent articles available to read online from the Journal: