Open Access has opened a wide window of opportunity for our Journals. Open Access has allowed readers to freely read or download any article across the world.
Open Access has also provided the means for a Journal to reach out to specific interested people who share the enthusiasm for the subject of a particular journal. Fair Trade, disability, Cuban and Arabic studies are just some examples.
Some of our Journals have opted to offer a new Membership Subscription package in response to this growing interest.
Pluto Journals is launching membership packages with the following Journals:
- Arab Studies Quarterly
- The International Journal of Disability of Social Justice
- The International Journal of Cuba Studies
- The Journal of Fair Trade
- World Review of Political Economy
Each of these Journals has slightly different aims expressed in their own Membership package: all though aim to build a community
Our membership subscription Journals aim to:
- Bring together international individuals, with an interest or involvement in social enterprise, research, activism or policy, who share a passion for the subject and wish to effect change
- Build critical writing spanning a broad range of disciplines across the Journals field. Each Journals membership goals are to build, extend, and enrich the membership community
- Hold online discussions and other online activities
- Nurture and encourage members in contributing support and skills
- Develop a membership base and foundation outside academia who have access to literature across the Journal’s field
- Support the membership community structure as well as enable the Journal to develop new activities