If you have an interest in Fair Trade, Disability and Social Justice, Political Economy, Cuban and Arabic studies you’ll be pleased to hear these Journals have decided to launch their own very special Membership schemes. People with a shared enthusiasm for the subject can now read all articles without charge. Since all Pluto Journals titles switched to Open Access in January 2021 this means individuals can freely read or download any PJ article across the world. This has given our Journals new opportunities to reach a much wider public.
Each of these 5 Pluto Journal titles are offering membership packages to the public and to interested organisations. The purpose is to build a community, which these journals already have started, which will support and participate in the future of both the journal and of its associated Society/ Community activities. Membership benefits and being part of the journals associated Community are key. We encourage you to choose between the offered membership categories which are for students, people in paid work and institutional. Each category offers membership benefits as part of joining.
If you are a library who is interested in supporting our journals Open Access status please see our Open Access S2O page specifically for University Libraries here.
The following Journals and their associated Society/ Community have launched their membership packages with the support of Pluto Journals:
- Arab Studies Quarterly
- The International Journal of Disability of Social Justice
- The International Journal of Cuba Studies
- The Journal of Fair Trade
- World Review of Political Economy
Each of these Journals has slightly different aims expressed in their own Membership package: all though aim to build a community
Our membership subscription Journals aim to:
- Bring together international individuals, with an interest or involvement in social enterprise, research, activism or policy, who share a passion for the subject and wish to effect change
- Build critical writing spanning a broad range of disciplines across the Journals field. Each Journals membership goals are to build, extend, and enrich the membership community
- Hold online discussions and other online activities
- Nurture and encourage members in contributing support and skills
- Develop a membership base and foundation inside and outside academia
- Support the membership community structure as well as enable the Journal to develop new activities