Author Licencing Agreement
By submitting my manuscript to a journal published by Pluto Journals Limited (hereafter the ‘Publisher’) of 72 Priory Gardens London N6 5QS, I herewith grant permission to the Publisher to publish my article upon editorial acceptance under the following publishing agreement.
I hereby confirm that this is my original work and that
- I own sole copyright in this work
- And/or I have obtained permission from all other Authors to execute this Agreement on their behalf if necessary
And that the work
- Has never been published before
I understand that in granting this consent I am granting to Pluto Journals Ltd, Publisher of the journal, the Rights to publish under a CC-BY 4.0 license. Moral rights will be retained by the original Author/s and copyright will be held by the Author.
I agree to this Publishing Agreement, consent to execution and delivery of the Publishing Agreement electronically and agree that confirming my consent electronically during the manuscript submission process an electronic signature shall be given the same legal force as a handwritten signature.
- The Contribution will be made Open Access under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY License) which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided that the Contribution is properly cited.
- The Journal (and Pluto Journals) reserves the right to require changes to the Contribution, including changes to the length of the Contribution, as a condition of its acceptance. The Journal (and Pluto Journals) reserves the right, notwithstanding acceptance, not to publish the Contribution if for any reason such publication would in the reasonable judgment of the Journal (and Pluto Journals), result in legal liability or violation of journal ethical practices. If the Journal (or Pluto Journals) decides not to publish the Contribution, the Author is free to submit the Contribution to any other journal from any other publisher.
- As above, the final Contribution will be made Open Access under the terms of the CC-BY license. Reproduction, posting, transmission or other distribution or use of the final Contribution in whole or in part in any medium by the Author as permitted by this Agreement requires a citation to the Journal suitable in form and content as follows: (Title of Contribution, Author, Journal Title and Volume/lssue, Copyright © [year], copyright owner as specified in the Journal). Links to the final published Contribution should be provided following the guidance below on best practice.
Pluto Journals tracks the usage statistics of each Contribution to the Journal that is published. Usage statistics inform Authors, the Publisher, and the Journal how a Contribution is being utilised. This data includes information on the spread of readers of the Contribution, as well as geographical and institutional data on readers. Usage statistics are provided by the content host for Pluto Journals. In order to capture this important data, we encourage the Author to share the Digital Object Identifier (DOI) link to the Contribution that is provided once the Contribution is published. This provides a stable link to the content on the hosts website and enables the Publisher to track the usage statistics of the Contribution. Pluto Journals and the Journal discourages the sharing of PDF, HTML or XML versions of the final Contribution. Instead, the Author is encouraged to share the DOI link to their Open Access Contribution in order to capture this important data.
The Author retains all proprietary rights in addition to copyright, such as patent rights in any process, procedure or article of manufacture described in the Contribution.
The Author and any associated company/employer agree that any and all copies of the final published version of the Contribution or any part thereof distributed or posted by them in print or electronic format as permitted herein will include the notice of copyright as stipulated in the Journal and a full citation to the Journal as published by Pluto Journals.
The Author represents that the Contribution is the Author’s original work, all individuals identified as Authors actually contributed to the Contribution, and all individuals who contributed are included. If the Contribution was prepared jointly, the Author agrees to inform the co-Authors of the terms of this Publishing Agreement and to obtain their signature to this Agreement or their written permission to sign on their behalf. The Contribution is submitted only to this Journal and has not been published before. (If excerpts from copyrighted works owned by third parties are included, the Author must obtain written permission from the copyright owners for all uses and show credit to the sources in the Contribution.) The Author also warrants that the Contribution contains no libellous or unlawful statements, does not infringe upon the rights (including without limitation the copyright, patent or trademark rights) or the privacy of others, or contain material or instructions that might cause harm or injury.
Use of Information